Manual Lathe Operator
143 Chester Ave Bakersfield, CA 93301 US
SUMMARY: Manual lathe operators operate a manual lathe machine which is used to cut, drill face and turn
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Disassemble core on manual lathe.
• Polish hub on manual lathe.
• Set up and operate manual lathe to specifications.
• Keep work area clean.
• Preventative maintenance on lathe.
• Participates in quality improvement efforts.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• One to five years related experience or equivalent.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Basic problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Safety and Security--Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action
beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Teamwork—Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’
views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of
team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives;
Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
• Dependability--Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own
actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals;
Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.